Incentives and Partners
The Mitchell County Development Authority has tools and resources to help you expand or locate in area.
Two major local incentives include:
- Industrial Revenue Bond Financing – The Mitchell County Development Authority will act as a financing vehicle to issue taxable and tax-exempt bonds to qualifying projects.
- Revolving Loan Fund – This loan fund is a locally controlled source of capital used to finance startup and expanding businesses whose projects meet the requirements.
We may customize incentives for your specific project. To explore incentive options contact Paige Gilchrist, Executive Director of the Mitchell County Development Authority.
Additionally, there are numerous financial incentives from other state partners that are available to you:
- Georgia's Quick Start, a nationally ranked employee training program
- Georgia's Intellectual Capital Partnership from the University of Georgia System
- Entrepreneur and Small Business Loan Guarantee Program
- The six Centers of Innovations throughout the state offer technology-oriented support to businesses.
Businesses also find the Hope Scholarship program very beneficial for employees. The Hope program provides for low or no tuition fees at the 35 Georgia public colleges and universities.